Jan8MonJanuary 8, 2018“So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing.”(I Cor 9:26 NLT)Time is pregnant with opportunities, but your life is pregnant with dreams and visions (see Joel 2:28). Whether it be the desires of your heart or the plan and purpose of God, you carry “something” within you that defines why you are here in the earth. Your assignment, should you decide to accept it, is to pursue God, grow in grace unto maturity, developing, and utilizing the gift(s) given you in order to seize the opportunities in 2018.Time is given to everyone but not everyone benefits from it. Many “waste” time and are disadvantaged by that. Every day I waste is a day I can’t get back. If I seize the day and make the most of it, I’ll make progress. If I bury the day, I lose out. Let your life be filled with expectancy this year. This is a Year of Crowning Achievements and Surpassing Victories (see Rom 8:37 AMP).Crowning: Representing a level of surpassing achievement, attainment etc., supreme, crowning accomplishment – (Dictionary.com)Eight:
- A New Beginning, meaning, a new order or creation, and man’s true “born again” event when he is resurrected from the dead into eternal life. Jesus was selected as the Lamb to take away man’s sins on the Hebrew day of Nisan 10 (April 1, 30 A.D.-Gospel of John 12:28-29). He was crucified on Nisan 17 (seventeen symbolizes victory), Nisan 17 was also the eighth day, counting inclusively from the time Christ was selected as man’s sacrificial Lamb. All this bears record of Jesus’ perfect sacrifice and His complete victory over death.
- Boys were circumcised on the 8th day. The number 8 symbolizes circumcision of the heart through Christ and receiving of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 2:28-29; Col. 2:11-13). Those in Christ are becoming [are] a new creation, with Godly character being created by the power of God’s Spirit (II Cor. 5:17; Eph. 2:10; 4:23-24).
- The eighth day of the seventh week is Pentecost.
- The eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacle is called the Last Great Day.
- God saved eight people in the Ark in order to have a New Beginning.
- 18 = Chet (ket) + yod (yud) = Chai (kai) = Life
- Gift givings in multiples of 18
- Psalm 29 and Exodus 15:1-21 – God’s Protection